Beth White is a female musician based in London. She is also the founder of 'Who Run the World', a live music promotions company dedicated to exclusively showcasing female artists, to help improve visibility of women in music in London.
1. What is your artist name?
2. How would you describe what you do?
Catchy punky acoustic tunes.
3. How long have you being performing/working?
I've been performing live since age 13! I've been a singer for as long as I can remember and picked up guitar at around 12. Been a songwriter ever since and became particularly active at university.
4. What has been the highlight of your career to date?
Performing on the Women's Stage at London Pride 2016. No question.
5. Have you worked/performed for/with anyone famous?
Sadly not..! My 5 year old self is still waiting for The Spice Girls to call.
6. If you could perform/work with anyone, who would it be?
Probably Paramore as my favourite band of all time, or Stevie Wonder.
7. What is your guilty pleasure?
Musically? Cheesy pop. As much as I hate to admit it, there's a time and a place for Reach For The Stars.
8. Tell us one secret about yourself.
I'm not a "gold star" lesbian. *shock emoji*
9. How and why did you get into this profession?
I'd always been a singer and wanted to perform live, so I taught myself to play guitar. I tend to write about my life and relationships, so songwriting is also like keeping a diary. Musicians are some of the best people in the world - it's great to be in good company!
10. When you're not working what do you like to do to chill out?
Gigs, exploring London, going out with friends, binge-watching Netflix or chilling at home with the cats.