1. What is your artist name?
2. How would you describe what you do?
I'm a solo Acoustic/pop singer songwriter. Basically if you were to put all my songs on a mix tape it would be a selection of sad songs which have an underlying sense of hope.
3. How long have you being performing/working?
Around 4/5 years
4. What has been the highlight of your career to date?
I supported Kate McGill on her Manchester Tour date. I love her music so it was a great honour to share a stage with her!
5. If you could perform/work with any venue or night, which would it be?
I'd love perform at The Albert hall. I used to perform there as part of Harrow Young Musicians when I was younger and always thought it would be amazing to one day perform there for my own show!
6. What has been your best audience response and why?
The best audience response is always complete silence, I love that chilling feeling when you know everyone in the room is so captivated by your performance you could hear a pin drop. Also someone once asked me to sign there arm! That was pretty funny!
7. What is your guilty pleasure?
hmm I dont really tend to feel guilty/embarrassed about doing things that I enjoy!
8. Tell us one secret about yourself.
I sleep talk a ridiculous amount! I've actually texted someone in my sleep before too! That was weird!
9. How and why did you get into this profession?
I'd always written poetry from a young age, and Learnt the Cello and Piano whilst at school and at some point I taught myself a few chords on my mums old guitar, and then ended up combining the two and writing songs. My initial aim was never to perform them live, but i played my first gig when i was 18 and never looked back!
10. When you're not working what do you like to do to chill out?
Watch films, cook, do arts and crafts type stuff, explore london, spend time with friends and family. Also there's a meadow by my house and I love going for walks there when its not raining.
11. Who would you say you aim your performance at?
Music has always been a sort of self therapy, helping me make sense of my life, so i don't really aim my music to a specific group of people, however I love the thought that my music could help someone else make sense of there own problems too. Most people have fallen in and out of love, and a lot of my songs stem from those sort of experiences/feelings, so I'm pretty sure most people can relate to my music in some way.
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/EmmaElizabeth5