Barberette, your gender neutral friendly barber has found a new hub of her own, situated in Hackney, East London (E5). Earlier this year, we visited the community-led "A Hair's Breadth Exhibition" inspired by the patrons in Barberette's hydrollic chair. Read our interview with Barberette.
1. Address: Warwick Works, Studio 11, Downs Road, London, E5 8QJ
2. Bookings: Appointment only via a new booking system – implemented very soon.
3. Official starting day: 3rd September 2013
4. Last day at Red Scissors: 31st August 2013
What to look forward to:
- Creative community space to share, do events, pop ups, music, hang out, workshops, the possibilities are endless
- Promoting the gender neutral pricing ethos
- Efficient online booking system, which will allow you to select what hair service you need, with fair pricing and timing. And yes you will receive a confirmation email! Yay
- Away from the busy, noisy Camden streets into the chilled, quirky Hackney Downs area, a minute away from the Russet and independent Village Green shops, a stone's throw away from Dalston and Stoke Newington high streets
- Great overground, rail and bus links – all the travel details are here.