Deborah Espect, Brighton-based film maker is releasing her latest production, via Moggy Productions at 2pm on Sunday 25 February 2018.
Whilst we are used to the usual girl meets girl stories, Deborah is offering us something different with The World Can Wait, a comedy with a difference.
Speaking to Deborah, she said:
"Too many fictional LGBTQ+ characters, especially women, are unnecessarily killed off in TV shows. We deserve happy ends."
So what is The World Can Wait about?
Vic is a popular lesbian character in a hit television series. Her mission: to save humanity against evil. But when the TV Executives in charge of the show gather to decide her fate, she finds herself having to fight for her survival.
The World Can Wait is a comedic, and political take on the lesbian death trope.
An 8 minute short film, released on YouTube on Sunday 25 February at 2pm. Set your clocks now!
Writer, director and producer: Deborah Espect
Cast: Veronica Jean Trickett (Vic) plus Sarah Charsley, Brian Cowles, Diane Axford, Tony Duran, Suzanne Mead, John McCullough, Tara Harley, William Stone, Miranda Morris, Roland Hamilton, Emma Palmer, Alena Kaleda, Kirsty McGinn, Rachel Ishmael, Joanna Cyrus, Verona Moitt, Ashleigh Loeb, Charlotte East and Joel Balmer.
About Moggy Productions
Moggy Productions is an award-winning Brighton-based production company.
Nominations for Moggy Productions' previous productions
- Nominated for a Diversity in Media award
- Winner - *Best Web Series* - Hollywood Boulevard Film Festival
- Winner - *Best Web Series* - Canadian Diversity Film Festival
- Winner - *Award of Merit* - Accolade Global Film Competition
- Winner - *Special Mention* - Los Angeles Film Awards
- Honorable Mention - Top Shorts Official Selection - My True Colors Festival
- Official Selection - International Online Web Fest
- Official Selection - Milledgeville Film Festival
- Official Selection - Los Angeles CineFest
- Official Selection - London Independent Film Awards
- Official Selection - The Monthly Film Festival
About Deborah Espect
Deborah Espect writes and directs short films and music videos. She created an LGBT+ webseries based in Brighton called As We Are. She is currently developing her first feature.
- As We Are: Director, Producer, Writer
- Dog Day: Writer
- To Gina: Writer
- Writing a Film for Leisa Rea: Writer
- Calling: Writer